SD Worx is a leading European provider of Payroll & HR services with global reach. We have offices in Europe and an office in Mauritius. Our goal? We bring people solutions to life. So, companies of any size can turn Human Resources into a source of value for the business and the people in it. Our people solutions span the entire employee journey, from getting people paid to attracting, rewarding, and developing talent. Are you ready to join us?
What do we have to offer?
- An attractive salary based on your experience and achievement. And the freedom to compose your personal benefit package.
- A dynamic environment: flexible working hours and working from home – everything is negotiable
- Learning opportunities: through an individual development plan and professional training
- Career growth: whether you want to become more of an expert in your field our you want to expand your knowledge more horizontally, there is always room to grow within SD Worx!
As a solution architect you are responsible for designing and overseeing the implementation of complex software solutions within SD Worx. You work with various stakeholders, including developers, Product owners, delivery leads, business users, and SD Worx leadership in order to identify the requirements and constraints of a project, for which you develop, document and align a comprehensive plan to achieve the desired outcome.
As a solution architect you are responsible for ensuring that the architecture of the solution is scalable, maintainable, extensible, secure, and meets the needs of the business. You also provide technical leadership and guidance to the development teams throughout the project lifecycle.
We are looking for a candidate with an independent, proactive-by-default and structured working attitude in which you are a trusted decision partner for both leadership and R&D teams. As a solution architect you understand that making long-term solution choices will typically be a balancing act between conflicting interests: desirability, feasibility, short- & long-term cost, sustainability, maintainability, extendability, functional & technical consistency. You don't just understand this tension, you lead it.
The Solution Architect will report into the Lead Solution Architect.
- Design and implement complex software systems and solutions that meet business needs
- Work closely with other members of the IT- & business team to ensure that all systems are designed and implemented in a way that meets business requirements
- Ensure that all software systems are scalable, secure, reliable, and maintainable
- Develop technical specifications and design documents.
Together with the other architects, you establish an architectural repository to consolidate all design information in one easily accessible location. You ensure that all relevant information from your assignments is stored in this central repository.
- Provide technical leadership & guidance to development teams, while also helping them to become more autonomous
- Manage & monitor your own workload, define the scope upfront & clearly, making clear agreements with your internal customers about what can (not) be expected exactly by when, and steering towards these agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Experience in software engineering and design architecture. Broad knowledge of IT technologies & integrating best-of-breed applications is mandatory.
Certified Salesforce Data architecture or Salesforce B2B Solution architect or equivalent
Experience in at least one Salesforce implementation (preferably for multiple business units & SF modules) and
Knowledge of data modeling and/or integration in Salesforce
Analytical thinking: analyze complex problems, discover their root causes, break down into smaller blocks, and translate to innovative solutions that meet business needs.
Strong communication skills: be able to effectively communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders, including executives, developers, and business users. Be able to adapt your language to your audience.
- You are eager to learn the functional and business background of the SD Worx enterprise value chain processes, business needs, and business objectives.
- Strong enabler on distinguishing between problem space & solution domain, and acts as a guide towards peers, business stakeholders, and leadership when you see a solution is created for a problem that is not yet well understood.
- You can inspire developers, engineers, and other technical professionals to deliver high-quality solutions on time and within budget.
- You anticipate project issues and risks before they occur, and work with teammates to identify and implement solutions or mitigations with relevant stakeholders
- You can balance what is strategically right with what is practically realistic by understanding and balancing all stakes.
- You can work across multiple projects with varied stakeholders. You set architectural direction, builds consensus, mediates conflicts providing leadership and advisory. You anticipate needs and potential objections and helps to create an environment which solicits positive contributions from all participants.
Adaptability: you are able to adapt to changing technology and business requirements, and be willing to learn and adopt new technologies and methodologies as needed.
Fluent English is mandatory. You love to work in an international context. There are no location requirements for this role, while occasional travel may be required.
- knowledge of internal business processes is a plus
- knowledge of corporate data management and governance is a plus
From many places, we work as one, moving from better to best together.
SD Worx lives diversity in the workplace. Diversity provides inspiration and innovation in our company. We particularly welcome applications from qualified talent, regardless of origin, nationality, gender, skin colour, ethnic and social background, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation and stage of life.