At SD Worx Mauritius, we are focused on building capability and flexibility to meet the growth of the business whilst increasing the profitability across the organisation. We support SD Worx on most of the business areas such as HR, Finance, Marketing, Software Development, Testing, Implementation and Service Delivery. There are numerous opportunities at SD Worx Mauritius for people with the right blend of skills, experience and character! Are you ready to join us?
What do we have to offer?
- An attractive salary based on your experience and achievement. Including allowances for transport, internet and mobile (more information available during interview) with an addition of medical insurance fully paid by SD Worx for you and 2 dependents (upgrades available). And a yearly company bonus.
- A dynamic environment: flexible working hours and working from home – everything is negotiable. We also offer career break options.
- Learning opportunities: through an individual development plan and professional training
- Career growth: whether you want to become more of an expert in your field our you want to expand your knowledge more horizontally, there is always room to grow within SD Worx!
- And all leaves are granted as from day 1!
Responsible for monitoring our hosted infrastructures, which includes Windows Servers, MSSQL servers, mission and business critical applications, and mainframe systems. Duties include 1st and 2nd level troubleshooting for any issues that arise, ensuring high systems uptime and availability for our business and customers. Also responsible for processing our batch automated jobs, able to do a first analysis of the abend with help of existing standard procedures and escalating issues to stand-by engineer as necessary on a 24/7 basis.
- Monitor and maintain the health of our hosted infrastructures, including Windows server, MSSQL, and mainframe systems, batch jobs using monitoring tools and techniques
- Monitor the performance, availability, and stability of applications running on the platforms
- Respond to alerts and notifications related to systems performance, availability, and capacity based on priorities
- Able to do a first level investigation on urgent and very urgent job failures, read, analyse and understand job procedures before taking any actions.
- Proactive and quick decision maker. Able to assess impact of job failures immediately and escalate to 2nd level ASAP. Should be able to work under pressure.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level support and troubleshooting for issues related to the hosted infrastructure and applications and participate in incident and problem management
- Document and track issues and resolutions using incident management tools
- Collaborate with other technical squads to resolve complex issues ASAP
- Provide colleagues assistance with any activities or requests that may require the squad’s involvement
- Assist the Flow Master in identifying training needs of team members and facilitate knowledge sharing within the team.
Requirements, knowledge and expectations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in infrastructure and application monitoring and support, preferably in a Windows server and MSSQL and Mainframe Systems
- Experience with monitoring tools such as SCOM, Host Monitor, Control-M
- Knowledge of IIS
- Knowledge of Windows server 2012, 2016, 2019 & MSSQL 2016, 2019
- Strong understanding of Windows server, MSSQL, Azure, and application monitoring techniques
- Availability to work on a 24x7 rotating schedule, including weekends, public holidays and cyclone
- Strong understanding of PowerShell
- Knowledge of Active Directory
Nice to have knowledge and skills:
- Experience with automation tools such as Control-M (Operations Manager)
- Familiar with basic network troubleshooting techniques
- Knowledge of FTP, SFTP protocols and encryption techniques
- Knowledge of incident and problem management processes
- Knowledge of Mainframe (COBOL Programming) – IDMS & DB2
- JCL, ISPF and its utilities/ MVS Z/OS /SDSF
- Common IT Knowledge: SQL, XML
- Exposure on VMware – VCenter (Server Management)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to quickly identify and resolve complex issues
- Customer oriented attitude, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Flexibility and adaptability, with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- A passion for learning and staying up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends
- Demonstrates a positive and proactive attitude, open to receiving constructive feedback and using it as an opportunity for growth and development. Additionally, the ability to provide feedback in a constructive and professional manner is essential
- Availability to work on a 24/7 rotating schedule and be on-call as needed. Additionally, the role requires an office presence
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and as part of a team to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and effectively with a high degree of motivation and self-discipline
- Proactively identifies areas for technical and process improvements and is able to implement effective solutions
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to embracing and upholding the company's values and culture, while also maintaining strict adherence to internal compliance requirements
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies is a plus
From many places, we work as one, moving from better to best together.
SD Worx lives diversity in the workplace. Diversity provides inspiration and innovation in our company. We particularly welcome applications from qualified talent, regardless of origin, nationality, gender, skin colour, ethnic and social background, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation and stage of life.